The Eclipse Cross performed well in all categories of the evaluation, scoring five out of five stars on the passenger side frontal-crash test and four out of five stars on the driver's side. Eclipse Cross also earned five out of five stars in the combined side crash ratings and four out of five stars in the rollover test.
"The safety of our customers on the road is of the utmost importance to us, and receiving a 5-Star rating from NHTSA validates our engineers' efforts to design the highest level of quality and safety into every vehicle we build," said Cason Grover, director, product planning, MMNA. "Eclipse Cross continues to offer consumers an impressive combination of value, performance and dependability, along with top-level safety scores."
The Eclipse Cross entered the 2020 model year with increased availability of driver assistance systems and an expansion of trim configurations. New for 2020 is the increased availability of a two-wheel-drive (2WD) variant. Mitsubishi has applied lessons learned through years of on- and off-road competition to ensure the vehicle lives up to the brand's reputation for dynamic handling and ruggedness. Fully automatic and invisible to the driver, the vehicle's Active Yaw Control system maximizes traction and driver confidence at all times.
The SE and SEL trims of the Eclipse Cross offer easier access to important driver assistance systems, with standard-equipment Forward-Collision Mitigation (FCM) 3, Lane Departure Warning (LDW) 4 and Automatic High Beams (AHB) 5.
NHTSA's NCAP program conducts hundreds of crash tests across multiple makes and models each year to evaluate a vehicle's crashworthiness, availability and effectiveness of safety equipment and to help consumers make smart decisions about safety when purchasing a vehicle.
The 2020 Eclipse Cross also comes backed by Mitsubishi's 10-year/100,000-mile Powertrain Limited Warranty, a 5-year/60,000-mile fully transferable New Vehicle Limited Warranty, a 7-year/100,000-mile Anti-Corrosion/Perforation Limited Warranty and 5-year/Unlimited Miles Roadside Assistance.6
Additional information on the Mitsubishi 2020 Eclipse Cross can be found at media.mitsubishicars.com.
About Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc.
Through a network of approximately 350 dealer partners across the United States, Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc., (MMNA) is responsible for the sales, research and development, marketing and customer service of Mitsubishi Motors vehicles in the U.S. 2018 marked the brand's sixth consecutive year of sales growth.
Located in Franklin, Tennessee, MMNA is a part of the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance. Mitsubishi continues to lead the way in the development of highly efficient, affordably priced new gasoline-powered automobiles, while using its industry-leading knowledge in battery-electric vehicles to develop future EV and PHEV models.
For more information on Mitsubishi vehicles, please contact the Mitsubishi Motors News Bureau at (888) 560-6672 or visit media.mitsubishicars.com.
1. Based on Motor Intelligence CY2017 and CY2018 Sales by Manufacturer data. Excludes premium brands.
2. Based on ratings by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration evaluation for the 2020 Eclipse Cross: https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2020/MITSUBISHI/ECLIPSE%252520CROSS/SUV/FWD
3. The Forward Collision Mitigation (FCM) with Pedestrian Detection system is a driver aid only and is not a substitute for safe and careful driving. Under certain circumstances, the system may not detect other vehicles and/or pedestrians correctly.
4. The Lane Departure Warning system is designed to read lane marks under certain conditions. It is not a collision avoidance system or a substitute for safe and careful driving.
5. Automatic High Beam Headlights (AHB) standard on SE and SEL trims for the 2020MY.
6. All coverage terms are from the original in-service dates and are applicable only to the original owner of new, retailed models purchased from an authorized Mitsubishi dealer. Subsequent owners receive the balance of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty of 5 years/60,000 miles. See retailer for limited warranty and roadside assistance terms and conditions.